Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dust Is My Bed


Embracing me
and is my cover
the sands are around me..
engulfing me..
from all directions
And the tomb recounts (the story of)
the darkness of my calamity..
and the light has destined that
My plessure is
in meeting (Allah)

Where is the kindness of kin?
they relinquished fidelity
where are the scores of friends?
they dispensed
with my brotherhood
where is the bliss of money?
i left it behind
and where is the glory of fame
and compliments?
that's my end

Dust is my bed.
The beloved bade farewell
to his love
and cried my elegy..
the tears flow dried out
after crying
the vast universe shrank
narrowing my space
the tomb to my corpse
became
both my land and my sky
that's my end : dust is my bed
fear overwhelms my
estrangement
and sadness is my
ailment..
hoping for steadfastness
which is - i - swear - my remedy
sincerely supplicating
to the Lord
you are my hope
Hoping - o - Allah - for
a paradise, in which my
bliss shall be attained...


Ayat2 diatas merupakan lirik sebuah lagu genre arab yang telah diterjemah dalam Bahasa Inggeris..

ia mengisahkan tentang kehidupan kita di muka bumi ini.. yang mungkin tanpa kita semua sedari, bahawasanya kita sebenarnya keseorangan. Keseorangan dalam perjalanan kita di muka bumi ini bagi mencari bekalan ke negeri Abadi kelak..

Mungkin terdapat sedikit perbezaan dari segi penggunaan bahasa Inggeris yang diterjemahkan diatas dengan yang terdapat dalam klip video lagu tersebut..
walaubagaimanapun makna yang ingin disampaikan adalah sama.


No comments:

Post a Comment